Pages

Thursday 21 October 2010

Review: Summer Pudding Soap
















Summer Pudding Soap (Lush)

First Impressions: I bought a 130g chunk of this a little less than a month ago to use as a hand soap. My first impression of it wasn't great. I'd really liked the smell in the shop but it didn't seem as nice when I got it home, and I was also a bit disappointed that my chunk didn't have any cherries in it. I'm pleased to report that my opinion has since changed. The smell has grown on me and I'm now quite fond of it - it's not my favourite scent ever, but it's quite pleasant. The fact that there were no cherries in my piece no longer bothers me - I got another chunk of this free in an offer my local Lush shop was doing, one which does have cherries in, and I have to say I think they feel a bit odd haha.

It actually looks slightly different to the picture on the website - the chunk I have is half a lightish brown colour, half pink, whereas the image on the website looks to be much paler. The pink pieces started out as the same darkish pink as in the image, but have since faded and now look quite a weak pink.

Scent: I'll warn you now, I'm not very good at analysing scents (I know some people can identify all these millions of different notes and stuff when it comes to scents, whereas I'm just sitting there going "It smells... kind of like... a flower? Ish?") This to me doesn't smell exactly like cherries, but there's definitely a fruityish, berryish scent of some kind. It's quite a mild smell, not too overpowering, and somewhat sweet. 4/5


Use: The problem with this soap is it seems quite soft - it gets a bit 'mushy', for want of a better word, as soon as it comes in contact with water, so I feel like I use loads of it at a time. Considering that I'm the only person using it, and I'm only using it on my hands, it seems to be disappearing quite quickly. I imagine that it might not be very practical for use all over the body, if I'm honest - it would probably get used up too quickly. On the plus side, it makes a fair amount of quite a creamy lather, has a mild scrubby texture, and leaves my hands feeling soft after using. 3/5

Price: At £2.95/100g, I think it's quite reasonable - not one of the cheapest Lush soaps, but not one of the more expensive ones either. 4/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 In general, this is a nice soap, but I don't think it's particularly spectacular. Sorry Lush!

No comments:

Post a Comment